You will need
- Pestle and mortar or food processor (standard blade)
- Measuring spoons
- Weighing scales
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 2 large baking trays
- Oven gloves
- Chopping board
- Airtight container
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Roughly bash up the nuts in a pestle and mortar or pulse in a food processor – leave some fine and some chunky.
- In a large bowl, mix the nuts, mixed spice, oats, seeds, honey and oil together well to coat.
- Divide between 2 large baking trays and spread out evenly.
- Using oven gloves, carefully place in the hot oven for 30 minutes, or until nicely golden, stirring regularly. Meanwhile…
- On a chopping board, roughly chop any large dried fruit.
- Once golden, remove the trays from the oven and leave to cool.
- Mix in the dried fruit, then place in an airtight container until ready to eat.
- Serve each portion of granola (50g per person is about right) with milk or yoghurt and some fresh seasonal fruit.
|Sat fat (g)||2.1|
Jamie’s top tip
“Buy a big batch of ingredients like the list I’ve given you here, mix it all up and just grab a handful per person whenever you need it – it will last for months. ”
All of Jamie’s Food Revolution Day recipes have been written with nutrition in mind. While some recipes are more indulgent and should only be eaten occasionally as part of a balanced diet, the majority are kept in check for calories, saturated fat and salt, to help you prepare quick, nutritious meals with fresh ingredients.