Puff Pastry Christmas Wreath Appetizer - flaky, buttery puff pastry, velvety, creamy brie, crunchy pistachios, and tart, fruity cranberries combined for a delicious, festive combination of holiday flavors that’s sure to impress.
If you are looking for an appetizer that is not only delicious but also makes a beautiful holiday centerpiece, look no further than this cranberry jam, brie, and pistachio stuffed Christmas Wreath appetizer recipe. The use of puff pastry makes this very simple to make, and it’s a combination of flavors that can’t be beat!
I don’t know about you, but my favorite kind of table decoration is one that is edible! This flaky puffed pastry baked with brie, cranberries, and pistachios will melt in your mouth, and have everyone asking you for the recipe. Talk about the perfect holiday party dish! An extra bonus? It’s simple to make and only requires three supplies, meaning minimal cleanup. This pastry wreath will be your new go-to for the holidays.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Puff Pastry Christmas Wreath
- This puff pastry wreath is the perfect mix of sweet and savory flavors.
- It is beautiful when assembled and festive on any holiday table.
- This recipe is easy to make!
- The ingredients are easy to find.
- It can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 2 days until you’re ready to bake.
Equipment Needed To Make This Christmas Wreath with Brie, Cranberry, and Pistachios
- Baking sheet
- Rolling Pin
Ingredients For Your Puff Pastry Christmas Wreath
- Puff pastry
- Mixed dried fruits (cranberries, raisins, plums)
- Cranberry jam
How To Make A Christmas Wreath Appetizer
Roll the puff pastry out into a circle. Take a small bowl and make an imprint in the middle of your circle, then cut that circle into 8 pieces. Spread the brie and cranberry jam on the outer ring of the puff pastry top with dried fruit and pistachios. Fold the triangle pieces over the filling until all 8 have been sealed. Finish your wreath off with the egg wash and bake.
For the full, step-by-step breakdown on how to make this puff pastry Christmas Wreath Appetizer from scratch, check out the recipe card below.
What to Serve/Pair with Your Christmas Wreath with Pistachios, Cranberries, and Brie
This wreath pairs perfectly with almost any other appetizer! If you have a sweet tooth, try pairing it with white chocolate peppermint bark. If you’re craving something more savory, pair it with a charcuterie board or meat tray. You’ll be so full that you may not even make it to the entrees! For a cocktail pairing, this pastry wreath is delicious with a spritzy vodka cranberry or a warm hot toddy.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- If you’re not a fan of dried fruit, it can be left off of the top of this wreath. Serve it on the side for others who may enjoy the combination.
- If cranberries are too tart for you, use a raspberry jam instead of the cranberry jam.
- Wondering what to do with your leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving? Use it in place of jam to top this pastry wreath.
How To Reheat & Store Your Cranberry Brie Pistachio Wreath
This wreath will store for up to 3 days if refrigerated. Be sure to keep it completely covered and sealed. This wreath is so yummy that I doubt you will have any leftovers!
Puff Pastry Christmas Wreath FAQs
Can I assemble the wreath and store it in the fridge before baking?
Yes. You can cover this wreath with cling wrap and store it in the fridge for up to two days before baking.
Can I use an egg substitute in place of the eggs?
Yes. Because you are just using the eggs as an egg wash on the puff pastry, you can use an egg substitute.
Do I slice the wreath as soon as it’s out of the oven?
No, you’ll want to wait a few minutes to cut your wreath. Letting it cool down first will help it stay intact.
Can I use crescent rolls instead of puff pastry?
Sure, but if you go this route, make sure that you check the wreath frequently when baking, so it doesn’t over or under bake.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Because this recipe requires puff pastry, it cannot be made gluten-free. If you or someone in your party is gluten intolerant, you could always serve them baked brie topped with cranberry jam and pistachios without the puff pastry.
Other Holiday Dessert Appetizers You're Sure To Love!
Don’t Forget To Come Back And Let Me Know How Your Christmas Wreath with Pistachios, Cranberries, and Brie Turned Out!
Christmas Wreath Appetizer: Brie, Pistachio, Cranberry
- Baking sheet
- Rolling Pin
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 8 oz. brie cheese sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp mixed dried fruits (cranberries,raisins, plums)
- 3 tbsp cranberry jam
- Roll out the puff pastry to ⅛-inch thick circle, or close to circle.
- Place a small bowl in the center and press gently so the edges make an imprint.
- Use a sharp knife and cut through the smaller imprint circle, creating 8 parts.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread cranberry jam over the puff pastry.
- Place brie cheese over the puff pastry. Sprinkle over with pistachios and dried fruits.
- Take one of the eight triangles and fold over the cheese and nuts and press to seal with the outer part of the puff pastry. Repeat with remaining.
- Brush the wreath with egg and bake for 20 minutes.
- Slice and serve at room temperature.