- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (113g)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg large
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Milk
For the Streusel topping:
- 1 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 cup Butter at room temperature
For Sugar Glaze:
- 1 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter at room temperature
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 ° Fahrenheit /175° Celsius. Grease and flour an 8 inch round cake pan.Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and keep aside.
- Add butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well
- Now, add the flour in three batches alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Keep aside.
- Mix the ingredients of the streusel topping with a fork.
- Pour half of the batter into the cake pan. Evenly sprinkle 1/2 of the streusel topping. Add the remaining batter and sprinkle the remaining streusel topping.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake stay in the pan for 10 minutes and then carefully invert onto a wire rack. Cool the cake completely before adding the sugar glaze.
- Mix the powdered sugar, butter, and milk to a thick pourable consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the cake.
Calories: 4718kcal | Carbohydrates: 644g | Protein: 74g | Fat: 219g | Saturated Fat: 74g | Cholesterol: 423mg | Sodium: 2080mg | Potassium: 1271mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 386g | Vitamin A: 3272IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 1006mg | Iron: 23mg