You will need
- Chopping board
- Large baking dish or roasting tray (roughly 25cm x 30cm)
- Measuring spoons
- Oven gloves
- Serving plates
Recipe adapted from Save With Jamie
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- On a chopping board, quarter the tomatoes.
- Place them in a large baking dish or roasting tray (roughly 25cm x 30cm).
- Peel the onions and cut into 6 wedges.
- On a chopping board, carefully cut the peppers in half lengthways and use a teaspoon to scrape out and discard the seeds and white pith, then roughly chop.
- Add the onions and peppers to the tray.
- Add the chicken thighs, then wash your hands.
- Squash the unpeeled garlic cloves with the back of your knife and add to the tray.
- Pick the thyme leaves, discarding the stalks, and sprinkle into the tray along with the paprika.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the balsamic and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to toss everything together, then spread across the tray, making sure the chicken isn’t covered by the vegetables.
- Wash your hands.
- Using oven gloves, carefully place the tray in the hot oven and bake for around 1 hour, or until the chicken is golden and cooked through. Remove the tray from the oven a couple of times during cooking and use tongs to carefully turn the chicken and spoon over the juices from the tray, before returning to the oven.
- Once cooked, divide between your plates and serve immediately.
|Sat fat (g)||3.2|
Jamie’s top tip
“I’ve served this with a lovely green salad, but it’s also good with a little rice, polenta or some crusty bread to mop up the juices.”
All of Jamie’s Food Revolution Day recipes have been written with nutrition in mind. While some recipes are more indulgent and should only be eaten occasionally as part of a balanced diet, the majority are kept in check for calories, saturated fat and salt, to help you prepare quick, nutritious meals with fresh ingredients.