Honey garlic roasted carrots are a deliciously sweet and savory way to get your daily dose of veggies! The carrots in a delightful honey garlic butter sauce offer a flavor that complements any meal.
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love This Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots Recipe
Delicious- Tender carrots are a great addition to any meal. But when you roast them with a honey garlic butter sauce, the flavor is taken to a new level!
Easy To Make- Making roasted carrots with a honey garlic sauce is simple. All you need to do is combine the ingredients and roast them in the oven for 25 minutes, and then enjoy!
Family-Friendly- This recipe appeals to both children and adults alike. The sweet honey garlic sauce is a hit with kids, while the carrots provide a subtle taste that adults appreciate.
What Are Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots?
Honey garlic roasted carrots are a dish made of fresh carrots roasted in the oven with a honey garlic sauce. The sauce is typically made from honey, butter, and garlic. They make a sweet and savory flavor combination that pairs perfectly with carrots.
The carrots are usually cut into quarters or slices before roasting to ensure they cook evenly. After roasting, the carrots are crispy and fork-tender on the inside. The sauce gives them a delicious flavor, making them an easy side dish for any meal.
- Oven Proof Skillet
- Vegetable Peeler
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Knife
- Stirring Spoon
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Garlic Cloves- Fresh garlic is a must-have, adding incredible flavor and a burst of zest to the butter sauce. You can use garlic powder, but fresh cloves are definitely the way to go!
- Carrots- You can use regular orange carrots or any carrots you prefer. To speed up the prep process, you can even use baby carrots. That's my little secret hack!
- Butter- Adds a delicious flavor to the carrots and helps them achieve that perfect golden color. When you melt butter in a pan, it becomes the ideal vehicle to extract all the wonderful flavors from the garlic and honey. Alternatively, you can use olive oil, but remember it will slightly alter the recipe's flavor.
- Honey- This enhances the sweetness of the carrots and tastes fantastic with salty butter! You can also use brown sugar if you don't have honey.
- Salt and Pepper- Every recipe needs either a little salt or pepper.
- Fresh Parsley- Fresh chopped parsley is the perfect garnish, adding a lovely freshness to this dish. I suggest using only fresh parsley, as it adds the best flavor.
How To Make Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
Making honey garlic carrots will take you no more than 45 minutes.
First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. As you wait for your oven to preheat, wash and peel carrots.
You want to make sure you remove any dirt but not too remove too much of the carrot skin!
Once your carrots are peeled, chop them. You want to slice them on an angle and then in half to create 2 to 3-inch thick slices.
Then, mince your garlic. It doesn't need to be perfect, just small enough to melt into the butter.
Place a pan over medium heat. Toss in your garlic as well as your butter. Melt your butter slowly, allowing your garlic to become fragrant.
Once your garlic smells delicious, add in your honey.
Whisk it or mix it so that it emulsifies with the sauce.
Then, add carrots to the pan. Make sure to coat all the carrot slices with the sauce.
Now, it's time for some salt and pepper. You only need ½ tsp of each for this dish. But I always suggest doing it to taste - everyone has their own preference for salt and pepper!
If you are using an oven-proof pan, place it directly into the oven. If not, pour your carrots onto a rimmed baking dish or baking sheet. Allow the carrots to roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender and not burning.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- You can top the carrots with cooked quinoa or couscous to make this a meal.
- Substitute the honey with brown sugar, maple syrup, or agave nectar if you don't have honey.
- Add other herbs like fresh thyme and rosemary.
- You could add nuts like walnuts or pine nuts for a crunchy texture.
- To make it vegan, use olive oil instead of butter.
Can I Freeze Honey Garlic Oven Roasted Carrots?
Yes, you can freeze honey garlic carrots. Place the cooked carrots in an airtight container or plastic bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you're ready to enjoy them, heat them up in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until they are hot and golden brown.
Honey Garlic Carrots FAQS
How do I store leftover honey garlic roasted carrots?
You can store leftover honey garlic roasted carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. To reheat them, place them on a baking sheet and put them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
Can I use frozen carrots?
Yes, you can! Just allow the carrots to thaw before adding them to the pan. Frozen carrots are a bit softer than fresh, so they may need less time in the oven.
Are there any vegan alternatives for this dish?
Yes, you can easily make this recipe vegan by swapping out the butter and honey for vegan options such as dairy-free butter and maple syrup.
Can I use regular carrots instead of baby carrots?
Yes, you can use regular carrots or any carrot you prefer for this recipe. Just make sure to slice them on an angle and then in half, creating 2-3 inch thick slices.
Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Oven Proof Skillet
- Chopping Board
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 lb carrots
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tse black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
- Peel and chop the carrots until they are about 2-3 inch pieces.
- Mince the garlic and add it to a skillet together with the butter.
- Add the honey and wish until combined.
- Add the carrots and toss until coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes total.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.