You will need
- Chopping board
- Mixing bowl
- Small non-stick frying pan (20cm)
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- Serving plate
- Pick the leaves off the basil and roughly tear them.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half on a chopping board.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
- Beat well with a fork until fully combined.
- Place a small non-stick frying pan on a low heat to warm up. Meanwhile…
- Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and turn the heat up to high.
- Carefully add the tomatoes and fry for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat down to low and sprinkle over the basil leaves.
- Carefully pour in the eggs, then tilt the pan to spread them out evenly.
- Using a fork, swirl the eggs around the pan a little.
- When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, use a spatula to ease around the edges of the omelette, then fold it over in half – when it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate.
|Sat fat (g)||4.3|
Jamie’s top tip
“Feel free to swap the tomato and basil for whatever you have in the fridge – a grating of cheese, sliced mushrooms or spinach work well.”
All of Jamie’s Food Revolution Day recipes have been written with nutrition in mind. While some recipes are more indulgent and should only be eaten occasionally as part of a balanced diet, the majority are kept in check for calories, saturated fat and salt, to help you prepare quick, nutritious meals with fresh ingredients.