- 1 cup Kidney Beans cooked
- 1 cup Chickpeas cooked
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- 2 stalks Celery diced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper finely diced
- 1 Yellow Onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup Sweet Corn Kernels cooked
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 can Diced Tomato wit their juices
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- Salt and freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- Avocado chopped
- Cilantro fresh
- Heat up a non-stick pot or skillet and fry the garlic and onion over medium-high heat until translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add the bell pepper, the celery and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the smoked paprika and cumin, stir to combine.
- Add the sweet corn, chickpeas, kidney beans, the tomato paste and diced tomatoes, the vegetable broth and stir to combine.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, then simmer uncovered over low heat for 20 minutes, until it thickens.
- Season with salt to taste, add the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve warm, topped with avocado and fresh cilantro, on its own or with rice or quinoa.