- 8 oz Rice Noodles
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 tbsp Palm Sugar
- 1 Shallots
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Roasted Peanuts
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Extra Firm Tofu
- Scallions and cilantro toppings
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Fermented Soybean Paste
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 3 tbsp Tamarind Concentrate
- 1 tbsp lime
- 6 tbsp Water
- Add rice noodles to a large bowl and cover with just boiling water. Stir and cook according to package instructions
- Make the sauce: Add the fermented soy bean paste to a small bowl and smash with a fork. Add all remaining sauce ingredients and stir to mix
- Add a tbsp vegetable oil to coat the bottom of a wok, heat over medium high heat until hot, then add tofu. Spread them out and let sear until golden. Remove from wok and set aside.
- To the same wok, heat about 2 tbsp vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, shallots, and palm sugar and cook, stirring frequently until the sugar caramelized into a deep brown color.
- Deglaze with the sauce then add the rice noodles and tofu. Keep tossing until all the sauce has been absorbed.
- Once the noodles have absorbed most of the sauce, push the noodles to want side. Add eggs into the empty space, break the yolks and let the eggs set about half way. Then put the noodles over the eggs and let the eggs cooker 30 more seconds until the egg is set. Then toss to break up the eggs.
- Turn off the heat, add beans sprouts and scallions and toss to mix. Taste and adjust sesoning. Plate and sprinkle with roasted peanuts and cilantro.
Calories: 603kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 1100mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 326IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 3mg