- 2 cups Green Lentils cooked
- 2 tbsp Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 Yellow Onion finely diced
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley finely chopped (save 1 tbsp chopped parsley for garnishing)
- 1 tsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Ginger grated
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl and use a fork to mash the lentils and mix everything together (you can also use a food processor, making sure to not over-process the ingredients – just pulse 3 or 4 times) to obtain a sticky and textured mixture.
- Use your hand to shape the mixture into small balls and line them on a plate.
- Heat the coconut oil into a non-stick skillet.
- Add the balls into the skillet one by one, without overcrowding it.
- Cook over medium heat flipping them with a wooden spoon, until crispy and golden.
- Transfer into a bowl and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve as they are or with your favorite pasta and sauce.
Calories: 1990kcal | Carbohydrates: 319g | Protein: 136g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 2537mg | Potassium: 5482mg | Fiber: 154g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 6063IU | Vitamin C: 112mg | Calcium: 405mg | Iron: 41mg