Oreo chocolate lasagna- Crunchy chocolatey Oreos are crushed and mixed with butter to form the lasagna's bottom layer. Add a sweet, light, and velvety cream cheese mixture, followed by a thick yet creamy pudding mixture. Top off this tasty treat with a layer of Cool Whip sprinkled with chopped chocolate, and you've got a dessert that will leave everyone speechless!
Tired of the same old desserts? Have you been wanting to try something a little different that will stun your guests and even yourself? The search is over. This chocolate oreo lasagna is exactly what you've been searching for. A delectably sinful twist on classic lasagna that will be a hit wherever it's served!
The most wonderful thing about this chocolate Oreo lasagna is that it's so quick and easy to make, yet it has the appearance and flavor of a dish that would have taken you hours to prepare. Every bite features a well-balanced oreo crust, thick chocolate pudding, light, and creamy cool whip, and chopped chocolate. It will be requested by your friends and family over and over again because it's so delicious.
Why You'll Love This Easy Chocolate Lasagna
- Dreamy- This dessert lasagna is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, but it's also light enough that you won't be overloaded with sugar after eating it.
- Unique- Lasagna for dessert isn't something people see every day. Bring one of these decadent Oreo lasagnas to a potluck, and it will be the talk of the party. You will have people lined up to get the recipe!
- Family-friendly- Chocolate, whipped cream, and Oreos! What not to love? The whole family will fall in love with this chocolate lasagna.
- Simple- As complicated as a dessert lasagna may sound to make, it's not. There is very little prep work required. Anyone can make this recipe.
- No-bake- No-bake means no heating up the kitchen. Need we say more?
Equipment Needed To Make This Oreo Lasagna Recipe
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowls
- 9-inch baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Deep saucepan
- Reserve bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
Ingredients For Your Dessert Lasagna
- Cream cheese
- Pudding mix
- Cool Whip
- Chopped chocolate
How To Make Decadent Oreo Chocolate Lasagna
To make Oreo Chocolate Lasagna, start by mixing ground-up Oreos with melted butter until coated evenly. Transfer the mixture into a 9-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Next, you will start on the cream cheese filling by beating cream cheese and sugar until it becomes fluffy. Once the filling is fluffy add Cool Whip and stir until combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the Oreo crust and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
While the bottom layers are chilling, you can start making the pudding. Add milk to a saucepot and heat until simmering. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, sugar, and remaining milk, then add the pudding mixture to the simmering milk. Stir until it's thick. Transfer the pudding mixture into a bowl and let cool. Once the pudding is cool, spread it on top of the cream cheese mixture and put it back in the refrigerator to set. When the lasagna has set, spread remailing Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with chopped chocolate. Chill and then serve.
What to Serve/Pair with Your Chocolate Oreo Lasagna
To keep with the Italian theme, try serving Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta or Vegan Spinach Pesto Pasta for dinner, followed by this chocolate Oreo lasagna.
For a warm after-dinner treat, try getting cozy with a warm cup of Cardamom Hot Chocolate and a slice of easy no-bake oreo chocolate lasagna.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- If Oreos aren't your thing or you just want to change things up a little bit, there is a huge variety of cookies to choose from. Try graham crackers instead of Oreos, shortbread cookies, or lemon cookies. Also, substituting Oreos for ginger snaps would make this dish a little more festive during the fall and winter seasons.
- You can use a sugar substitute, such as coconut sugar or another vegan-friendly sugar replacement in place of the regular sugar. The measurements should be the same, but check the package to be sure. Most packages will tell you how much to use if you are replacing regular sugar.
To store chocolate Oreo lasagna, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator. It will last up to 3 days if someone doesn't eat it all first. It is that good! I do not suggest freezing chocolate lasagna. The thawing process will alter the texture and taste and make it very unappealing.
Oreo Chocolate Lasagna FAQs
Instead of using chopped chocolate, can I use chocolate chips for the topping?
Of course! Chopping chocolate with a knife does take a little time, so using chocolate chips is a nice shortcut if you are short on time. On the other hand, if you have some time and want to add a special touch to your lasagna, try creating gorgeous chocolate curls with a vegetable peeler.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare this oreo chocolate lasagna ahead of time. Keep in mind the longer the lasagna sits, the softer the Oreo crust will become, resulting in a soggy lasagna if made too far in advance. I'd make 48 hours ahead of time at most. If you want to make everything and store it separately, the crust will last considerably longer. Simply add all of the layers to the crust before serving when ready to eat.
Do I remove the cream out of the center of the Oreos?
No, do not remove the cream from the middle of the Oreos. The cream aids in the formation of the crust by keeping the ground Oreos together, plus it adds great flavor.
Do I have to have a food processor to crush up the Oreos?
No, you have to have a food processor, but it does make crushing up the Oreos easier. If you don't have a food processor, you can use a blender or crush them by hand. Make sure the Oreos are crushed as small as possible to create a nice smooth, easy-to-form crust.
Can I use fresh whipping cream instead of Cool Whip?
Yes. You can use fresh whipping cream in place of cool whip. The measurements will be the same for fresh whipping cream as they would be for Cool Whip.
Decadent Oreo Chocolate Lasagna
- 1 ½ cup Oreos ground
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 7 oz pudding mix
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ cups cool whip
- 1 cup chocolate chopped
- In a mixing bowl combine Oreos and melted butter.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9-inch baking pan, lined with parchment paper.
- Press in the Oreos mixture and pop in a fridge for 15 minutes.
- Make the cream cheese filling: in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Fold in 1 cup of cool whip.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the crust. Refrigerate the cheese for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the pudding in a bowl, whisk together the pudding mix, sugar, and 1 cup milk.
- In a deep saucepot, heat remaining milk. Once it starts to simmer, whisk in the pudding mixture. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer the pudding into a bowl.
- Cover with a plastic foil, to prevent a crust forming.
- Spread the pudding over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Finally, spread the remaining cool whip over the pudding and top with chopped chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Leave a Reply