Let’s be real!
Eating whole produce is not something that all of us enjoy. And to be honest between trying to prepare for work and having a hectic schedule ahead, the last thing you want to think about is chopping up fruits and vegetables. Fortunately, there’s an easier solution to this problem: a juicer blender. The juicer blender is particularly one popular appliance around the kitchen. It’s a small appliance that makes it easy to whisk a quick breakfast brew that you can sip on the go.
However, deciding to embark on the juicing journey is the easy part. Shopping for a juicer, on the other hand, can be quite a journey in itself. You’ll be inundated with dozens probably hundreds of models out there. All of which pack a great deal of remarkable features and settling on just one can be overwhelming. To help narrow down your choices and make it easier we have rounded up 10 of the best juicer blenders you’ll find on the market.
Somoya JE-80 Masticating Juice Extractor
First on the lineup is the Somoya Masticating Juicer. With a premium thickened solid stainless-steel construction, this juicer will give you years of service without so much as bending, rusting or crushing. It takes only a few minutes to set it up and even less time to take it apart when you need to clean it up. It is also ergonomically designed to provide efficiency with every use and has a powerful slow speed motor that allows each produce to be seamlessly extracted.
Highlights of the Somoya JE-80 Masticating Juice Extractor
- It has 5-speed modes that help maximize the yield.
- The materials used in construction are BPA free making them safe for both adults and children.
- It has a safety lock arm that prevents the juicer from operating if the lid is not locked in place and no-slip rubber feet for added protection.
- It is easy to use and clean.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Quiet Dual-Stage Slow Speed Masticating Juicer
Boasting of hundreds of reviews and an impeccable reputation, the Omega J8006 is a low speed masticating juicer that can juice just about any kind of fruit and vegetable. It has a heavy-duty construction with a strong powerful motor that can whip up even the toughest of produce. And the best thing? You can use it to process almond milk, pecan milk, and all-natural butter, grind coffee beans, make popsicles and make a homemade salsa. It is arguably the best juicer blender on the market.
Highlights of the Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Quiet Dual-Stage Slow Speed Masticating Juicer
- It is quite versatile.
- It has a modern stylish outlook that makes it a superb kitchen centerpiece.
- It extracts the maximum number of nutrients.
- It has four stabilizing feet for maximum stability on the counter.
- It is easy to clean and assemble.
- It comes with a 15-year warranty that covers both the performance and the parts.
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus Juice Extractor
If you need a handsome piece of appliance to add a sense of style and elegance to your kitchen space, it doesn’t get any better than Breville. Costing $149.95, this piece of appliance is definitely not an easy pick for people on a budget, but it packs a great deal of features that you’ll love. It has a unique feed system that allows for maximum juice extraction and offers variable speeds to make it easier to choose between low speeds for soft produce and high speeds for harder vegetables. In addition, it has a wide chute that makes it easier to juice large fruits with little to no preparation.
Highlights of the Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus Juice Extractor
- It comes with a powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results.
- It has a safety locking arm.
- It has dishwasher safe parts.
- It has a powerful dual-speed motor that makes it easier to shred and tear up tough produce.
Costway 5-in-1Centrifugal Juicer
Don’t let the price fool you. The Costway 5-in-1 juicer is one of the best juicer blenders you’ll find on the market today. This Juicer blender packs a great deal in as far as features and performance go. It combines a blender, food processor, juicer, chopper and grinder that handle a variety of kitchen tasks almost seamlessly. It also has a wide mouth which makes it easy to put an entire pear or apple without so much as dicing it. What’s more, on top of squeezing fresh fruit and making creamy drinks and smoothies, you can also use it for mixing eggs.
Highlights of the Costway 5-in-1Centrifugal Juicer
- It is easy to clean and use.
- It is a 5-in-1 multifunctional juice extractor.
- It will only turn on when the lid has been locked in place.
Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die Cast Juice Extractor
Equipped with a 1000-watt motor, the Cuisinart extractor costs more than most conventional juicer blenders on the market but offers exceptional convenience and unmatched performance. It has a large 3-inch feeding chute that can accommodate a whole apple or pear and other larger sized fruits. In addition, it has 5-speed settings and an easy to use control dial that pretty much anyone can maneuver easily.
Highlights of the Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die Cast Juice Extractor
- It includes a 2-liter pulp container that holds unwanted pulp.
- It has an elegant finishing.
Willsence Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor
Costing $125.99, the Willsense Masticating Juicer might not be the cheapest option on the market, but it’s the perfect embodiment of perfection at its best. It has a powerful motor with a 60-80 RPM floating speed and an intelligent construction that automatically recognizes fruit hardness. It offers variable gears that range from hard to soft: the harder the produce the more the gears, the softer the produce the lesser the gears used. In addition, it has a large 2-inch diameter that makes it easy to fit a whole fruit or vegetable meaning that you don’t have to spend time dicing and chopping the vegetables and fruits.
Highlights of the Willsence Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor
- All accessories are dishwasher safe.
- It has a reverse button and overload protection that give your blender a longer product life.
- It squeezes the juice from the produce as opposed to grinding hence allowing the juice to maintain its pure color.
Ventray 808 Professional Cold Press Slow Juicer
If you’re looking for a professional grade juicer, then this is it! It has a slow speed RPM motor that squeezes juice from even the toughest produce and an extra wide chute that makes it fairly easy to juice whole fruits and vegetables without having to chop and dice them. In addition, it uses FDA-recommended BPA free materials that are safe for both adults and children and a drip-free smart cap that minimizes spillage.
Highlights of the Ventray 808 Professional Cold Press Slow Juicer
- It is made from durable heavy-duty materials.
- It comes with a rotation wipe that removes excess buildup on the juicing bowl.
- It has a 3-inch chute that allows you to fit whole fruits and vegetables which means less preparation time.
- It has a reverse feature that comes in handy in the rare event that the blender gets jammed.
- It has a 1-year manufacturer warranty and a 5-year warranty on the motor.
Gourmia GJ750 Wide Mouth Centrifugal Juicer
If you want to jump in on the Gourmia bandwagon, the Gourmia Centrifugal Juicer is one juicer that you simply can’t go wrong with. It has multiple power speeds that help you emulsify the fruits seamlessly and a maxi feed chute that allows you to feed whole fruits and vegetables without dicing and chopping. Plus, it comes with a bonus recipe book to help you make all your favorite juices.
Highlights of the Gourmia GJ750 Wide Mouth Centrifugal Juicer
- You don’t need to slice or dice the fruits. Just feed them into the chute whole.
- It has dishwasher-safe parts which makes it so much easier to clean the juicer after use.
- It holds up to 32 ounces of juice.
- It barely makes any noise.
- It has simple dial extraction settings and offers variable speeds to suit different types of fruits and vegetables.
Hamilton Beach Easy Clean Big Mouth 2-Speed Juice Extractor
Hamilton is one of those brands that a complete list would be lacking without. And the Hamilton Beach Easy Clean Juice Extractor is certainly no exception. Dubbed the best juicer blender to buy, this blender has all its bases covered to ensure that you not only have a seamless time whipping up a morning brew but that you spend the least amount of time doing so. It has a wide chute that fits whole foods seamlessly and has a drip-free spout that opens and closes to ensure that there is minimal spillage if any.
Highlights of the Hamilton Beach Easy Clean Big Mouth 2-Speed Juice Extractor
- It comes with an extra-large pulp bin that collects the unwanted pulp.
- It is easy to clean and use.
- It has dishwasher parts which means you can toss the parts into the dishwasher once you’re done juicing.
- You can easily fit whole fruits and vegetables without dicing them and this helps speed things along.
- It has a pitcher that keeps the foamy froth from your glass of juice.
- It has an adjustable spout that minimizes spillages.
- It has variable speeds meaning you get maximum extraction regardless of whether you are juicing soft or hard fruits and vegetables.
Aicok Juicer Masticating Slow Juicer
Aicok has everything going for it. A modern elegant aesthetic that makes it a perfect kitchen centerpiece and unmatched performance. Not to mention it’s reasonably priced too. Costing $96.99, you get to relish innumerable features that are just as efficient as those of a high-performance blender that costs much more. It is equipped with a special decelerating gear that reduces vibration and noise and a direction switch that prevents clogging.
Highlights of the Aicok Juicer Masticating Slow Juicer
- It is a multipurpose juicer that can whip up both fruits and vegetables.
- It preserves all the fiber and nutrients.
- It is convenient and easy to assemble.
- It barely makes any noise.
- It has dishwasher-safe parts meaning that you don’t have to break a sweat to get it clean.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty and a lifetime technical consultation and customer service support.
Why you should buy a Juicer Blender
Still skeptical about buying a top juicer blender? Here are a few reasons that might change your mind:
- Making fruits takes up a chunk of time. With a juicer blender, you can speed things along and get a perfectly brewed juice within no time at all.
- Juicer blenders are pretty easy to clean. All you need to do is toss the parts into the dishwasher if they are dishwasher safe or hand wash with soap and water.
Types of Juicer Blenders
You’ll find two main types of juicer blenders on the market: masticating juicers and centrifugal juicers.
Also known as cold press juicers, masticating juicers have an augur that grinds and breaks down the product to release the juice. They take a little bit of time to produce a cup of juice, but they yield more juice and leave most of the nutrients intact.
- They barely make any noise.
- They yield more juice.
- They are quite pricey.
- They have a tendency of jamming when handling tough greens.
- You need to cut the produce into small dices before juicing.
- They take a considerable amount of time to produce a cup of juice.
Also called extracting juicers, centrifugal juicers have a spinning mesh basket with a grated bottom to whirl the produce against the grate and shred it to release juice. They work extremely fast and are a less expensive choice for people on a budget.
- You don’t need to chop the produce before juicing.
- They are fairly priced.
- They work well with almost all types of fruits and vegetables.
- They are quite noisy.
- The juice produced often has fewer nutrients.
Considerations for Selecting the best Juicer Blender
Remember the old adage that the devil is always in the detail? Well, this is especially true when it comes to a juicer blender. Sure, they all do one thing – blend. But some have a few more features that add extra convenience. These include:
Ease of Cleaning
Juicer blenders have a lot of different parts. All of which require to be cleaned thoroughly after use. For an easier cleanup time, you should ensure that it has easy to disassemble parts so that you can clean each piece individually and remove any chunks that might have gotten stuck during juicing. And if possible, avoid juicers with nooks and crannies where pulp may get stuck. If your juicer blender parts are built in, make sure that the jar has a wide base so that you can easily remove any pulp that might get caught underneath the blades.
Clear Juice Container
Obviously, you want to be able to see the contents of the blender as they are being processed. For this, you’ll need a clear glass container. And while most juicer blenders have clear juice containers, there are a select few with opaque containers.
A chute makes it easier to fit the produce into the blender. The larger it is, the better.
Large Pulp Collector
There’s a lot of pulp that collects during juicing. If you buy a juicer blender that has a small pulp collector, you’ll have to stop frequently to empty it.
Factor in whether the blender you are buying has variable speeds. Variable speeds make it easier to choose between juicing soft fruit slowly and harder fruits at higher speeds.
Take note of the warranty of the juicer blender that you are considering buying and make sure that you get the most out of your purchase. Most high-performance juicer blenders will have a 10-year warranty whereas more conventional blenders have a 1-year warranty which means you might have to buy another one sooner than you think.
When shopping for a juicer blender, pay careful attention to the power of the motor as it determines whether your blender will be able to handle tough produce. The more powerful the motor, the better.
If this is going to be a permanent addition to your kitchen space, you need to check that it makes the least noise as possible so that it doesn’t startle everyone. However, in general, masticating juicers are much quieter than centrifugal juicers so you’ll hardly even notice they are there.
A juicer blender’s price is what determines which one you’ll go for. Most conventional blenders cost as little as $50 to $100 whereas high performance masticating juicers go for $100-$200. Sure, there are much cheaper blenders that might save you a buck or two, but they may not be as durable.
How much juice will you be making? Take careful note of the capacity of the blender that you’re considering buying to make sure that it can make a considerable amount of juice. However, we recommend that you don’t buy a blender that’s too big especially if you don’t have enough storage space.
Blenders are meant for one thing and one thing only – whipping up some delicious juice. However, a flimsy blender will still cause you grief. It might cost you a buck less, but you might have to replace it sooner than you think. As they say, cheap is expensive. And we couldn’t agree more.
Once you’ve put all other factors into consideration, the last piece of the puzzle is the amount of space that it’s going to take on the kitchen counter. Not to mention if you’ll have enough storage space. Luckily, juicer blenders are relatively compact and will fit on a kitchen counter seamlessly. In addition, think about the length of the blender if you are going to place it inside a cupboard. After all, what good is the cupboard if the blender won’t fit inside?
Getting the Most out of Your Blender
You have chosen your juicer blender and you’re ready to give it a try. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your purchase.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables and chop them into small pieces before you start juicing them so that everything fits in effortlessly.
- Make sure all the parts of the juicer are in the right place so that there’s no chance of leaking.
- Consume your freshly produced juice within 20 minutes of juicing to get maximum nutrients.
- If there’s extra juice, store it in an airtight glass container and place it in the fridge.
- Limit your ingredients to a maximum of three to avoid muddling up the juice.
- Don’t force the ingredients into the blender if they don’t fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use a blender?
Juicer blenders are pretty simple to use. All you have to do is:
- Wash your fruits and vegetables
- Peel the fruits on a clean cutting board.
- Cut the fruits and vegetables into small 1-inch cubes to make it easier to fit them in the blender.
- Toss the chopped fruits and vegetables into the blender.
- Blend your contents for a few seconds.
Are juicers and blenders one and the same thing?
Most people can’t tell the difference between a juicer and a blender. Let’s put it this way, a juicer separates fiber from the rest of the fruits and vegetables whereas a blender processes the whole fruit or vegetable making the drink thicker.
Will a juicer blender save me time?
Yes, if you’re used to chopping your fruits and vegetables, a juicer blender will definitely speed things along.
Are juicer blenders dishwasher safe?
This depends on the type of juicer blender you go for. Of course, you can’t put the whole thing in the dishwasher seeing as it is electrical. But some models will have dishwasher-safe parts meaning that you can throw the parts in and have them clean in no time. However, you should always check the manual before making any hasty move as the dishwasher may get damaged if it’s not dishwasher safe.
What is the best juicer blender combo?
Some of the most highly rated juicer blender combos include:
- Breville BJBB40XL Dual-Purpose Juicer and Blender
- Oster Juice and Blend 2 Go
- Sharper Image Juicer-Blender Combo
- Nesco American Harvest JB-50
- Juiceman JM3000 3-in-1 Total Electric Juicer
How noisy are juicer blenders?
Some blenders like the masticating juicers barely produce any noise that they might as well be silent. However, centrifugal juicers can be quite noisy. But as is expected, with the convenience quietness, masticating juicers are quite expensive. So, if you’re looking for peace and quiet, you have to be prepared to pay top dollar for it.
Do blenders use a lot of electricity?
This depends on the type of blender you have and whether you use it constantly. But all the same, being an electrical appliance, it goes without saying that it consumes electricity either way.
Are juicer blenders worth it?
There’s no doubt that juicer blenders pack a lot of benefits. From making your work easier to saving you tons of time. However, not everyone will enjoy using them. Here we have rounded up a few pros and cons which you need to consider before making a purchase.
- They are easy to clean. Some are even dishwasher safe so all you have to do is toss them in the dishwasher and voila!
- Juicers retain most of the nutrients and fiber.
- They help speed things along as opposed to squeezing the contents by hand.
- Most high-performance juicer blenders cost top dollar.
- Some juicer blenders are not suitable for handling tough produce and have a tendency of jamming when handling somewhat tough produce.
My juicer blender leaks sometimes. Is it broken?
Leaks happen for a number of reasons: putting too much liquid in the container or if you dint assemble the parts correctly. Our advice, pay attention to the maximum fill line so that you don’t overfill the container and make sure that you assemble the parts exactly as they were after cleanup.
How do I prepare different fruits and vegetables from my juicer blender?
Some fruits are pretty easy to prepare. All you have to do is rinse them before tossing them into the blender. However, some fruits will require you to remove the rind and pit before you can toss them inside the blender.
How long will a juicer blender last?
The lifespan of a blender depends on the quality of construction and how often you use it. A high-performance juicer blender will give you up to 10 years of service. However, conventional blenders will in most cases have a lifespan of three to five years.
But, the frequency of use will also have a bearing on the lifespan. If you use your blender every day, then chances are it is going to wear out more quickly than a blender that’s used probably once or twice in a week.
The Bottom Line
There you have it, folks! 10 of the best juicer blenders to buy. Any of these will be handy allies if you want to reap the real health benefits of juicing.